If you’re on a tough diet, you might be looking for something that can give you a little bit of an edge. Something to help you burn just a little more fat, or stop you from feeling hungry when you don’t want to be.
Well, you’re in luck! There are a bunch of supplements out there that are made for just that. And what’s even better is that most of these supplements are made from all-natural ingredients and are pretty safe to use.
In this article, we’re going to review ThermoFight X, which is just one of these supplements. We’ll take a look at what goes into it, whether or not it really works, and we’ll even include a mini-review of an alternative product, PhenQ.
Who is ThermoFight X For?
ThermoFight X is marketed as a weight-loss supplement for the general public.
It’s suitable for both men and women, and unlike some fat-burning supplements that are clearly geared towards bodybuilding enthusiasts, ThermoFight X’s branding and imagery clearly imply that it’s supposed to appeal to a wider audience.
The marketing would also imply that you can lose a bunch of weight by just taking ThermoFight X and not doing anything else. However, you’ll only get the full effect of ThermoFight X if you are also exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet.
What we’re really trying to say here is that anyone can take ThermoFight X in theory, but unless you’re a person who is really committed to getting fit and losing weight, this supplement may not actually be all that helpful to you.
ThermoFight X Overview
ThermoFight X is a dietary supplement manufactured and distributed by It Works! International. It Works! is an American company founded in 2001.
Over the years, they’ve developed a great number of different products and accessories centered around health and nutrition. It Works! has offices all around the world and distributes their products almost everywhere.
If you’re looking to buy ThermoFight X, you can buy it from either the official product website or from Amazon (although, as of writing this review, this product is currently not available on Amazon). You can order a month’s worth of ThermoFight X capsules for $40.
Unlike other supplements, however, you don’t seem to be able to get a discount if you buy more than one container of ThermoFight X at once.
Pros & Cons
In this section, we’ll try and take an objective look at ThermoFight X and break down all of the pros and cons of this product for you.
- Can help boost your energy levels – ThermoFight X contains a good amount of caffeine, which, as we all know, is a great substance for keeping you energized.
- Keeps your blood sugar levels in the optimal range – ThermoFight X contains ingredients that can help you keep your blood sugar levels in check, which is good for weight loss in general but also good if you have type-2 diabetes.
- May have numerous other minor health benefits – ThermoFight X contains a variety of ingredients, which may give you some additional minor health benefits in addition to what the manufacturer promises.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – If you are not satisfied with the results you get from ThermoFight X, you have 30 days from the date of shipping to return any unopened products you have in order to get a refund.
- Some possible side-effects – ThermoFight X is a pretty safe supplement to take in general, but there is definitely the possibility that you will experience some side-effects which we will cover further on in this review.
- No results are guaranteed – While it’s definitely possible that you’ll get some or all of the claimed benefits of using ThermoFight X, there’s also a pretty good chance that nothing at all will happen either. Everyone will react to this supplement slightly differently.
- Other supplement companies offer much better money-back guarantees – A 30-day money-back guarantee is not very long when compared to what other supplement companies offer. If you look around a bit, you’ll find many companies that offer 60-day guarantees, and some that even offer 90-day guarantees.
- Not many customer support options – The only apparent way to contact customer support is a phone number that you can find on the manufacturer’s website under the “Support” section. There’s a total lack of any email addresses or other ways to contact them. The phone number changes depending on where you’re calling from.
Here is the list of all the active ingredients contained in the formula for ThermoFight X. The manufacturer is helpful enough to provide the amount of each active ingredient contained in each serving, with the exception of caffeine.
ThermoFight X also contains a large amount of non-active ingredients, which are:
- Calcium carbonate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Stearic acid
- Croscarmellose sodium
- Silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Fumed silica
- Spirulina platensis extract
Cayenne pepper (29.1 mg/serving)
Cayenne peppers, as well as all other kinds of hot peppers, contain capsaicin. Capsaicin is the active substance in hot peppers that actually makes them spicy.
Capsaicin is a thermogenic substance, so it will help to improve your metabolic function and get your body to burn more of its stored supply of fat.
Caffeine is found in many different substances and foods, including some of the other ingredients on this list. It’s well-known for being an effective natural stimulant, and you can find it as a common ingredient in many other weight-loss supplements.
When you take caffeine, you’ll feel more energized and more alert. Caffeine is also a mild appetite suppressant, which is helpful in a weight-loss supplement.
Chromium (210 mcg/serving)
Everyone needs chromium in their diet for various health reasons, but only in small amounts. There are 2 main kinds of chromium: hexavalent chromium, which is a toxic substance that comes from industrial pollution, and trivalent chromium, which is found in many types of food.
If you eat the good kind of chromium, it helps your body regulate its glucose levels and helps it metabolize more carbs, fat, and protein.
Green coffee bean extract (104 mg/serving)
Green coffee beans aren’t some kind of special coffee beans; they’re just the raw, unroasted form of the coffee beans you can buy at any grocery store.
What’s different about green coffee beans is that they contain chlorogenic acid. Chlorogenic acid can help stop you from gaining weight by limiting the rate at which your body absorbs dietary glucose.
Green tea leaf extract (457 mg/serving)
Green tea has been shown to have thermogenic properties. Aside from this, green tea is good for you in many ways.
Green tea contains polyphenols, which are good for managing your weight, as well as for treating digestive and cardiovascular issues. It’s also filled with antioxidants, which protect the cells in your body from oxidative damage.
Ginger root (16.6 mg/serving)
Ginger root has been used for its medicinal properties for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
You are most likely familiar with ginger as a way to treat feelings of nausea, but it’s also got potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It may also help prevent some cardiovascular diseases as well as some types of cancer.
Black pepper (16.6 mg/serving)
Black pepper contains a substance known as piperine. Piperine can’t do anything on its own, but it helps your body absorb more of those substances when it’s taken with other active substances.
If you look at the ingredients of many different weight-loss supplements, you’ll probably see piperine or Bioperine appear a few times; Bioperine is a branded version of piperine.
How Does ThermoFight X Work?
As the name of this product sort of implies, ThermoFight X is designed to help you lose weight by inducing thermogenesis in your body. We’ve mentioned the term “thermogenic” a few times so far, so now it’s time to explain exactly what this means.
Thermogenesis literally just means “to produce heat.” More specifically, it refers to how the cells in your body generate heat as a byproduct of metabolizing energy sources. Every living organism that contains cells is capable of thermogenesis, although not always to the same degree.
Warm-blooded animals, including humans, especially need thermogenesis to help their bodies self-regulate their temperature levels.
Your body needs to burn a source of energy to make thermogenesis happen. This means that if you’re in a thermogenic state, you’ll burn a larger amount of calories even if you’re not being physically active.
You burn calories when you exercise, but you also burn calories when at rest because your body still needs energy for extremely basic things like making your heartbeat and keeping you awake during the day.
The amount of calories you need to sustain these basic functions is called your base metabolic rate.
So what does this have to do with anything? Well, here it is: it’s been proven that greater levels of thermogenesis cause your base metabolic rate to increase, which will obviously help you burn more calories even when you’re not actively exercising regularly.
ThermoFight X is able to induce thermogenesis in your body because it contains a few thermogenic ingredients. This is the primary feature of taking this product. However, it can also help you lose weight in a few other ways.
The high caffeine content in ThermoFight X can help you work out harder and longer, and because caffeine is a mild appetite suppressant, it can help you control unwanted cravings for snacks.
Some of the ingredients in ThermoFight X can also potentially give you other benefits, like controlling your blood sugar levels and helping your cells heal from damage.
This may be obvious, but taking ThermoFight X as well as working out regularly will help you lose even more weight. However, you may perhaps see some minor differences in your weight after taking ThermoFight X even if you aren’t also exercising, but you shouldn’t expect any drastic changes to happen.
While ThermoFight X is a pretty safe product, for the most part, thanks to its natural ingredients, there is still the possibility that you will experience some side-effects if you decide to take it.
Because of the high caffeine content in ThermoFight X, one common side-effect you might experience is feeling anxious or “jittery.” This is a result of your body being overstimulated.
The strong stimulant effects of caffeine can also cause issues like an increased or irregular heartbeat, a headache, and difficulty sleeping. You should try and avoid taking ThermoFight X later in the day if you want to avoid sleep issues.
You may also experience some digestive issues like heartburn, diarrhea, or vomiting. These effects will most likely happen if you’re sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in ThermoFight X.
In very rare cases, some people have a reaction to products containing green tea extract that can result in severe injury to their liver.
Injuring your liver can result in a whole bunch of symptoms on its own, like jaundice, abdominal pain, and a general sense of unwellness.
In short, odds are you’ll be okay if you take ThermoFight X, but the risk of something negative happening is always there.
Who Should Avoid Using ThermoFight X?
Most people can take ThermoFight X, but a few different groups of individuals should avoid using this product.
First and foremost, this is a dietary supplement for grown adults, not for children. ThermoFight X contains a ton of caffeine, which surely isn’t good for very young children. Children also have different nutritional needs than adults, so giving a child a dietary supplement for adults may not actually be healthy for them at all.
Pregnant women should avoid using ThermoFight X because some of the active ingredients in this product may negatively affect their fetus.
If you have a liver or kidney disorder, stomach ulcers, an iron deficiency, or diabetes, then you can potentially use ThermoFight X, but you should absolutely consult with a doctor before doing so.
Depending on what exactly your condition is, some of the ingredients in ThermoFight X might react severely with your condition.
It always bears mentioning that no matter how healthy you are or what exact supplement you intend to start taking, you should first talk to your doctor.
You may have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients in the supplement that you’re not aware of, and going to a doctor can help you find out with very little doubt if a supplement will work for you or not.
ThermoFight X Alternative: PhenQ
If you’re feeling a little put-off by the many possible side effects, you can get from taking ThermoFight X, which would completely make sense. You don’t want to lose weight at the expense of the rest of your health.
Luckily, tons of other thermogenic fat-burning supplements exist if you want to explore your options. One such alternative product is PhenQ.
Wolfson Berg Limited, a company based in Australia, produces and distributes PhenQ. Just like ThermoFight X, PhenQ is marketed as being suitable for all people, not just bodybuilders, and athletic types.
If you want to buy PhenQ, you can only get it from the official website. One month’s supply of PhenQ costs $70, which makes it more expensive than ThermoFight X. However, you can get a bunch of bonus stuff if you place a bulk order of PhenQ, which you can’t do with ThermoFight X.
- a-LACYS Reset – a-LACYS Reset is a branded additive to PhenQ. It contains alpha-lipoic acid and cysteine, which your body uses to regulate your blood sugar levels, heal cell damage, and boost your metabolism.
- Capsimax – Capsimax is a branded extract produced from spicy peppers. It contains capsaicin as its main active ingredient. Like we mentioned before in this article, capsaicin is great for helping you induce thermogenesis. However, Capsimax is made so that you don’t feel any of the heat or burning that you would get if you took a normal capsaicin extract.
- Nopal cactus fiber – Cactus fiber, and for that matter pretty much any kind of fiber in general, is good to eat if you’re trying to lose weight. When you eat anything containing fiber, molecules of fat in your digestive system get stuck to the fiber. Since your body can’t digest fiber, the fiber, along with the fat, passes straight through your digestive system and isn’t absorbed.
- L-Carnitine fumarate – L-Carnitine is a type of amino acid that some of your muscles contain. It helps transport your body’s stores of fat all around to the different cells and organs that need it the most. L-Carnitine fumarate is a version of this amino acid that is made chemically.
How Does PhenQ Work?
Just like ThermoFight X, PhenQ is advertised as being a thermogenic weight-loss supplement. PhenQ also shares more than half of its ingredients list with ThermoFight X, as they both contain caffeine, chromium, and substances high in capsaicin.
However, PhenQ has a couple of additional ingredients that provide some effects that ThermoFight X doesn’t seem to have.
One thing that PhenQ can potentially do a lot better than ThermoFight X is control your hunger cravings between meals, and this is due in large part to the effects of the cactus fiber.
Not only does eating the fiber of any kind help you feel full for longer after a meal, but fiber is also able to stop your body from absorbing more fat than you need.
The caffeine in PhenQ can somewhat suppress your appetite, too, but more importantly, it can give you a boost of energy to help you work out harder or just keep you up throughout the day.
The chromium included in PhenQ also helps control your cravings for sugar and carbs by helping you regulate your blood sugar levels. If your blood sugar levels are optimal, you won’t find yourself craving as many sugary snacks.
Here we’ll list all of the apparent benefits of taking PhenQ:
- Shed tons of fat – The ingredients in PhenQ help stop producing excess amounts of fat in your body, and they also help you burn even more fat when you’re exercising and even when you’re not.
- Control your between-meal cravings – The fiber, chromium, and caffeine in PhenQ’s formula keep you feeling fuller in between meals and can help you resist the urge to have a bunch of unnecessary snacks.
- Give you more energy – If you’re on a diet, you’ll probably be eating less and taking in fewer daily calories. This can cause you to feel fatigued, so the caffeine is there to help keep you alert and full of energy all day.
- Improve your mood – Starting a new diet can not only make you feel tired but also a bit more irritable and gloomy than you might normally be. Some of PhenQ’s ingredients can gently enhance your mood to help you get through the tough part of your diet more easily.
PhenQ seems far less likely to cause side-effects than ThermoFight X, mainly due to its much shorter list of ingredients and its lower caffeine content. That being said, there is still the possibility that you’ll experience a few side-effects if you take PhenQ.
One side-effect is that you’ll find yourself having to make bowel movements more often. This side-effect is kind of unavoidable, and it happens because of the increase of fiber in your diet. Because fiber can’t be digested, there’s only one real path for it to take, and that’s straight through your guts.
Also, there is always the possibility that you’ll be sensitive to some of the ingredients in PhenQ also. If you do have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients, you might experience symptoms like headaches, nausea, and restlessness.
Just like with all other supplements, have a talk with your doctor first before taking PhenQ. It could save you a lot of time and discomfort!
This really depends on what you’re really looking for in a thermogenic weight-loss supplement. If you’re concerned mainly with getting the best deal on a single container, then you might want to go with ThermoFight X unless you want more than one container, in which case PhenQ is probably the better option.
PhenQ is also less likely to cause negative side-effects, but you might have issues with specific ingredients in each supplement that would cause you to pick one over the other. Really, we can’t say for sure which one is better for you, because a lot of that depends on who you are.
You’ll have to weigh each supplement’s pros and cons against your personal preferences and decide for yourself which of these supplements you should try. But hopefully, after you read this article, it’ll be a lot easier for you to figure this out!